[OM] Re: Abe's of Maine [was Henry's of Toronto - any good?]

Subject: [OM] Re: Abe's of Maine [was Henry's of Toronto - any good?]
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:28:21 -0500
LOL!!

Actually, after I thought about it, I remembered this is the same store that
used to (maybe still does?) refer to itself as "Honest Abe's of Maine"
complete with a picture of Abraham Lincoln.  This is wrong in more ways than
I can count!  "Honest"?  Brooklyn?  Maine?  Lincoln?  What a stew!!

OTOH, I do want to give any person/organization credit when they make an
effort to improve.  Reading the narratives at ResellerRatings indicates
they're winning some, losing some.

I remain amazed that the schlock shops continue to survive.  Of course a lot
of them are nothing more than holes in the wall with low overhead and, as
we've learned, little inventory.  Given that a sucker is born every minute .
. .

And kudos to Popular Photography for finally refusing to take advertising
from Cambridge after years of complaints.  Better late than never.

ScottGee1