[OM] Re: Dented M-1 description on yabe

Subject: [OM] Re: Dented M-1 description on yabe
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:55:56 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Piers Hemy wrote:

> I think Mark Dapoz has a page of "How to identify a real M-1" at
> http://olympus.dementia.org but as a starter I would always check that there
> are four pins in the film guide - nit a sign of an M-1 itself, but a
> confirmation that it is an early body.  It's too easy to switch top plates
> and put a non-MD bottom plate on.

You can find my records database here: http://olympus.dementia.org/M-1
Basically any body with a serial number higher than 175000 would be suspect.
An OM-1 with a bottom plate with a serial number less than 175000 is difficult
to find.  Most of those OM-1 non-MD bodies were originally M-1's which had
their top plate replaced by Olympus.
                                        -mark