[OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?

Subject: [OM] Re: Henry's of Toronto - any good?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:49:02 -0800
ScottGee1 wrote:

>Moose, this is very interesting.  I've done this with flat items, but have
>been told that any package over 2 pounds must go "over a countera", i.e., be
>handed to a counter person at authorized facility.  Does your carrier accept
>packages of that description?  If so, I wonder if the rules changed?  That
>would be very convenient.

You need to check their site for current rules, but if they haven't
changed recently, that rule doesn't apply the same for web postage.

For web postage sales they really know who is sending the package, as it
purchased by credit card by someone at a known address which is also the
CC billing address. This is actually better security than just showing a
picture ID at the PO. They still require 'dangerous' packages,
flammables, etc., to be taken to the PO. Fortunately, this usually
doesn't apply to camera gear.

Moose