[OM] Re: OT (surprise!) 'Dead Media Everywhere' -- fuel for Luddites

Subject: [OM] Re: OT (surprise!) 'Dead Media Everywhere' -- fuel for Luddites
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:18:41 -0500
On 11/30/05, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But he gave lipservice to the old Ampex tapes, but didn't
> mention the fact that you have to bake them first before you run
> them ONCE.

I thought I was the only one on this list that was aware of that trick. ;-)
I have a couple of 2" Scotch 24 track masters as well as quite a few 30ips
1/2 track 1/4" tape mixes.  I have a feeling the audio on those tapes won't
be moving any speaker cones in the remaining years of my life.  I was able
to salvage a rough mix off a cassette I did as a 2nd engineer on an Earl
Fatha Hines session though. :)

Richard