[OM] OT: UPS shipping problems

Subject: [OM] OT: UPS shipping problems
From: Jerry Smith <proud_texan63@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:09:21 -0800 (PST)
   I was wondering if anyone has every had any
problems with shipping UPS? I said in my question
about the SanDisk CF cards, that I won an auction on
the bay for an E-1. Well it was suppose to be
delivered this past Wed. UPS said they delivered it on
the doorstep at around noon, but when I got home a few
hrs later there was nothing here. When I called about
it a few hrs after that I was told "I was up a creek
without a paddle". I was finally told to contact the
shipper, that they would have to set the wheels in
motion with UPS to look for it. So back to my original
question, has anyone ever had this type thing happen?
If so, what now? How long did it take to get resolved?
That kind of thing. I did at least have it insured for
the bid amount, so I guess eventually I should get
something. Thought y'all might have dealt with this
before and could give some insight. Sorry for the
length, but I would appreciate any feedback, as I am
kind of at a loss.

Thanks,
Jerry

http://www.active.com/donations/fundraise_public.cfm?key=tntntxJSmith1