[OM] Re: Which Camera To Count on

Subject: [OM] Re: Which Camera To Count on
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:11:53 EST

In a message dated 12/1/2005 6:49:01 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rvenafro@xxxxxxx writes:

I am in  a quandry...do I purchase the E500 or the Cannon  350d? Which camera
will  be "around" in two years?

Hmm, lets see, should I use the OM 1 as the basis for my answer?   Seriously,
the answer is the one you buy and use effectively.  If your  question is if
both Olympus and Canon will be around, then my answer would be  yes, both will
probably still be in business and each will support their current  offerings
to some degree.  Hey, but don't listen to me as I probably would  have bet on
Pan Am, Braniff, Gulf Oil, Packard and a few others.   Actually I'm not totally
sure GM will still be around and making Suburbans when  I need another one.
If you have current OM glass, I'd say go with the  e-500.  If not, look at
what you can afford, consult your horoscope  and flip a coin.  Oh, you might do
well to read some of the reviews.   I've had my e-1 for a year and a half and
if Olympus went away tomorrow, I still  be glad I bought it.  But then I'm an
active member of ZA.  Bill  Barber