[OM] Re: hoya r72 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: hoya r72 questions
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:00:15 -0000
I tried it on a DV camera, and thus did not need to go to the extremes of
120 film (!) - a stub of 35mm film was fine, cut to a 43mm circle and popped
into the front of the lens.  Of course, it wasn't a complete circle, but
good enough for the task at hand.  Splendid results.  You could try two
layers at right angles to one another.  One layer is approx Wratten 87, two
layers nearly Wratten 88.  I believe that the Hoya R72 equates to a Wratten
89B - you can find sone data close to home here:
http://msp.rmit.edu.au/Article_03/02c.html

Not sure what more instructions you could need, Wayne, aside from the Dept
of Home Security advisory on non-invasive use of scissors ;-) but the germ
of this idea came from Andrew Davidhazy at RIT:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-infrared-filter.html

Keep in mind that if after a tryout with 35mm you do feel the need for 120,
you don't need a MF camera - you don't need a camera at all, just wander
down to get a roll of outdated anything, and just hand it back over the
counter for processing, unmounted.  Easy!

--
Piers