[OM] Re: For the OM artists among us, a painting question . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: For the OM artists among us, a painting question . . .
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:19:39 -0500
Worse, the yellow walls will affect your colour perception.
Best to paint the walls a flat darkish grey, eg 18%, and use
reflectors when and where you want reflection.

For the same reason, your monitor surround should be a neutral
colour. If not, cover it up with something grey.

tOM

On 2 Dec 2005 at 13:42,
Chuck Norcutt <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The first thing I'd do is make a hood for the monitor out of small
> sheets of black foam core board bought at the local craft store.
> Then i'd shoot all the photos with flash using a custom white
> balance.
>
> If that doesn't work only then get out the paint can.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > That subject line should have sucked in a few of you . . .
> > wouldn't you  know it was the insurance guy that did it?
> >
> > I've leased a small space (10' by 12.5') in which I plan to put a
> > computer  for processing digital images and to do some very basic
> > photography  (product type stuff for selling on ebay).  Most of
> > the photographs  will be made using either a single softbox or the
> > item will be tented.  The  walls are currently a medium yellow and
> > the ceilings are 8' tall with white  ceiling tiles.  The question
> > is, "What color do I paint the walls to avoid  reflections on the
> > monitor and to least affect the photographs made in this  room?"
> > I can turn the light out in just my space. The obvious answer
> > might  be black, however that is not particularly exciting to me.
> > I will also  hang some images on the wall and my images on a black
> > wall is really not doing  it for me.
> >
> > Colors, please or should I just leave them alone?  Bill  Barber

---

          -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier, 758 Albert St,
 _-\_<,         Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633
                Abacurial Information Architecture
                            SETI stats