[OM] Re: C5050

Subject: [OM] Re: C5050
From: Parzival Herzog <parzp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:40:35 -0600
On Saturday 03 December 2005 08:56, John Hermanson wrote:
> Anyone using the C5050, which has the Sony chip!
>
> Unlike other manufacturers, who require the camera to be showing the defect
> to get the chip replaced, Olympus is doing free ccd replacement on c5050's
> even if the camera is now working 'fine'.

I have a C-5050, it doesn't show ccd symptoms (but the clock resets every time
I change the battery). I there a serial number list I can consult that
identifies the potentially faulty cameras?

"Sending it in" is an expensive and time-consuming cross-border transaction I
would rather not engage in just to find out that the camera is unaffected.

--
Parzival Herzog