[OM] Re: Tamron 180 SP, was: Zoom Lens for OM system

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 180 SP, was: Zoom Lens for OM system
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 09:39:08 EST

In a message dated 12/4/2005 7:03:15 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx writes:

If  that's true, then it is worth about 3x that money.  I will have  to
keep my eyes open, although I can't imagine ever getting rid of  the
Zuiko 180/2.8.

Selling the 180mm f2.8 was exactly what I did when I got my  Tamron.  It
wasn't that the Zuiko was not a good lens, perhaps it was just  the opposite.
Mine was in mint condition, while the Tamron showed a little  wear.  I found
myself not using the Zuiko.  The Tamron does have the  advantage of having
internal focusing and is slightly faster.  Selling the  Zuiko allowed me to put
that
money somewhere else.  Its departure freed up  the flow.  Hmm, I may need to
get the flow going again.  Bill  Barber