[OM] Re: Tamron 180 SP, was: Zoom Lens for OM system

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 180 SP, was: Zoom Lens for OM system
From: bartjew@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 22:06:57 +0100
Firt of all thanks for all your feedback.

The thing is that I'd like to have a shot at some more telephotgraphy, but I
honestly don't know if it is my game. Therefore I am not too eager in investing
around $500 in something I might not like, and Oh BTW is claimed to be
not as good as it should.
The Tamron could be a cheaper opportunity (with possibly even better optical
quality) to get aquiainted with fast tele primes.
But it is so UGLY, and it doesn't feed any Zuikoholoc need, whereas the
180/2.8 has a certain cuddlyness....

Oh well, perhaps I should lie still, be patient and hope that either of the
itches
(fast 180 and Big Glass Zuiko) wear off.

Sigh.
Bart

Citeren Jeff Keller <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> The hood on the Tamron is nice but not near as nice as the Zuiko sliding
> hood.
>
> The only thing I've heard bad about the Zuiko is chromatic distortion. C.H.
>
> has comments that match my opinion (and he's more careful in his testing).
> http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/lenscom.htm
>
> Doesn't internal focusing reduce the focal length for close focusing?
>
> The Tamron is very nice. It is hard for me to say one is prefered over the
>
> other.
>
> -jeff
>
> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
>
> Selling the 180mm f2.8 was exactly what I did when I got my  Tamron.  It
> wasn't that the Zuiko was not a good lens, perhaps it was just  the
> opposite.
> Mine was in mint condition, while the Tamron showed a little  wear.  I
> found
> myself not using the Zuiko.  The Tamron does have the  advantage of having
> internal focusing and is slightly faster.  Selling the  Zuiko allowed me to
>
> put that
> money somewhere else.  Its departure freed up  the flow.  Hmm, I may need
> get the flow going again.  Bill  Barber

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Nu 12 maanden gratis Live Eredivisievoetbal bij 20 Mb ADSL voor maar
EUR 39,95 per maand. Bestel op www.versatel.nl/voetbal