[OM] Re: om underwater housing

Subject: [OM] Re: om underwater housing
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:36:31 EST

In a message dated 12/5/2005 4:08:39 PM Central Standard Time,
john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Bill,  whats a pico de gallo?
And why is it that the small innocent looking  chillies
are always the ones that bite the  hardest?

Pico de gallo my way: Chopped and seed tomatoes, some chopped onion,  chopped
cilantro, a little chopped fresh chili pepper, a splash of vinegar and  one
of olive oil and a little fresh ground black pepper and a bit of salt (but  not
much). I like it chilled off in the refrigerator.  Good with chips or  as a
relish with your food (preferably of the Mexican variety).  I had some  at a
restaurant in Trinidad, Colorado last week which had a little shredded  cabbage
in it.  Unusual and good. Try it without the cabbage first.

The second part of the question is simply one of the mysteries of  life.  If
you ever get to Texas or other parts of the Southwest you may run  into the
chili piquine which is about half the size of a green pea and its red  color
should tell you to admire it, take a picture if you want, but don't  let this
little bit of fire cross your lips.  Man are they hot!  They  grow wild where I
grew up and as kids we would always try to talk the  uninitiated into taking a
bite from this sweet wild strawberry.  That might  happen as the waning rays
of light slipped away just before we left on  a snipe hunt.  The sure cure for
the burning was a couple of big pieces of  Ex-lax chocolate.  Damn kids could
be mean . . . and then most of us grew  up . . . more or less.   Bill Barber