[OM] Re: om underwater housing

Subject: [OM] Re: om underwater housing
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:34:52 EST

In a message dated 12/5/2005 10:34:44 P.M. Central Standard Time,
pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hatch,  NM, the chile capital of the world. (or so they claim).  Great
peppers, though.  Used to live in Truth or Consequences and later in  Silver
City.  Have a son in T or C and a daughter in Las  Cruces.  A friends mother
used to run a restaurant in Hatch.   Her chili was so hot that one bowl would
completely ruin a $75  drunk.  Two spoonfuls and the sweat would pop out on
your  forhead.
Paul in Portland OR

Driving through that area during harvest season is pretty fantastic.   Chilis
being roasted on the side of the road in open cages.  The entire  valley has
that aroma.  Makes my mouth water for some Hatch chilis.   New Mexico Mexican
food is without a doubt the hottest Mexican food around. I  thought I could
eat anything.  A trip to New Mexico put that myth to  rest.  Bill Barber