[OM] The Internet is evil, evil, evil, I tell you!

Subject: [OM] The Internet is evil, evil, evil, I tell you!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:00:36 +0000
I have been a photographer since I was a little whippersnapper, back when both
television and right and wrong were black and white.  I have always had more
gear than the average bear, like a couple of 35mm cameras and a half dozen
lenses, an MF outfit, even the occasional Bolex, view camera, Super 8, etc.,
etc.

But since sometime in the late '90s, my little mound of stuff has exploded into
a mountain, at least a fivefold increase, and it's all because of the Internet,
which has made access to B&H, Adorama, Calumet, even KEH (which is just across
the river from me, although I've never actually been there), much, much too
easy and convenient.  Then there's that devil's invention, yaBe, from which I
have actually purchased things I never even knew existed and had no idea I
wanted so badly until I discovered them and became enlightened, often late at
night.

Is there anyone here who can honestly say that the amount of gear they have
today is no greater because of the Internet than it would be if it had never
been invented?  Gee, thanks, Al.

Walt, buying more eSnipe points

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from