[OM] Re: OT: iPod Help Needed

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: iPod Help Needed
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:08:34 -0600
On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:41:39 -0600, Geilfuss Charles wrote:

>Greetings All,
>       Appologies up front for the OT post, but I'm in a quandry and am
> pressed for time. I have purchased two iPod Nanos for my two older children
> as Xmas presents. Since opening them on Xmas
morning with nothing to play would be a bit of a letdown I have decided to load
some of their favorite CD's  before 12/25. Here is my dilemma: their musical
tastes are very different (8 vs 13yrs.); is there
some way to load two different libraries of music in one version of iTunes on
one computer? Can you still autosync each iPod? Being 51 makes me a bit slow on
the uptake on this sort of thing, and
besides its not an issue with vinyl source material.

Simple solution: Set both ipods to auto-update only selected playlists, and
give each child a playlist.

My wife an I have three ipods (1G 10Gig, 3G 20Gig, 5G 60 Gig) between us, and
this makes it fairly easy to keep each of them loaded with the desired music
and not overload or underutilize any of
them.

BB

--