[OM] Thoughts on the DZ 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5

Subject: [OM] Thoughts on the DZ 40-150mm f/3.5-4.5
From: Robert Swier <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:48:10 -0500
This morning I nearly bought the 50-200 zoom for the digital series, but I
choked on the price a little. (Try financing this hobby on a graduate
student salary sometime ;)

The 40-150 zoom is a much cheaper alternative. I'm just wondering if anyone
here has used it, and whether they are pleased with the images it produces.
Taking into account the multiplication factor, it's a longer lens than I
would normally use. So, if the images are passable, it may be alright for a
seldom-used lens.

What I'd really like is a series of lens tests similar to those done by Gary
Reese for the OM lenses, but for now a few opinions would do!

Cheers,
Robert Swier
Toronto