[OM] Re: Tempted by the E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Tempted by the E-500
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:20:53 -0400

> That's not actually true, I promise! There are plenty of things about
> digital that really concern me; the fact that I don't like my wife's
> C8080WZ one bit is a good start.
>
> Simon

I didn't like my C5050 for probably about the first year I had it. I kept at
it though, to the point now where I now wouldn't want to give it up. It
definitely has uses and some advantages over some of my other cameras, like
flip-out screen for composing and super quiet operation for discreet street
photography. And most any digital camera is nicer than a film camera for
getting a pic on to the computer screen, if that's what you're after.

I like what digital does, but then I had an E100G slide film developed
today, and have just now finished examining it on a light table with an 8x
loupe. (Of course I'll project them later.) But let's just say it'll be a
sad day for me if E6 ever becomes history.   I won't be retiring the OM2s or
OM1n for awhile, if they keep making slide film.

Wayne