[OM] Re: New ZD lens annouced

Subject: [OM] Re: New ZD lens annouced
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:26:25 -0500
Cc: <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Brian,

The 35mm f3.5 is out now in the US and B&H are carrying it at $230. I am
going to give it a whirl as soon as they can keep it in stock for more than
a few hours at B&H (Adorama have it at the same price but I need to order
other stuff from B&H at the same time). Anyway I have not done any research
on it but I am sure there are some early opinions out there. From pictures
of the lens itself if it is definitely in the consumer class of DZ lenses.
It lacks the window with a focus scale so I imagine its use will be pretty
much limited to AF or MF guesswork. Still at the price I am willing give it
a shot.

On the subject of shorter primes Sigma have a 30mm f1.4 that they have not
yet committed to making in the E system mount. I have emailed the US
customer service people to ask if it was going to be done but they said not
yet. Shame really as that could be a rather fun lens me thinks.

Ah well!

Dan S.