[OM] Re: re WTT

Subject: [OM] Re: re WTT
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:20:09 -0800 (PST)
--- Benikesh wrote:
> I have been informed by a list member that my  proposal to
> trade PenF equipment to the  list,  in return for  the best
> offer, violates list ettiquette
>
>   I had no idea tha I was doing anything wrong, and if such is
> the  case,  please accept my most humble appologies, and
> ignore  the proposal.

As one of the List Mom's Lap Dogs, I have to say that there was
nothing in your post that bothered me.  However, I will state
that you'll be far better off just selling the gear as a
seperate transaction to the acquisition of the digital gear.
You'll be a hundreds of dollars ahead.

When posting things for sale on the list, I would recommend that
we avoid the "highest bidder" posts.  If you want to do
highest-bidder, stick to EBay. If you want to say "Miatani
signed PenF body -- $1200 OBO (or best offer)", that's fine.
WTT (Want to Trade) is usually a good deal when you have a
blacknosed 85/2 that you'd like to trade for a 35/2 or something
like that.  Trading entire kits is problematic as it's such an
"all or nothing" kind of thing.  I have an equivelent digital
camera to what you are trading, but it wouldn't be to either of
our best interests to trade.  I recommend that you sell the
entire kit (either line item it here on the list or individual
item sales through EBay) and use that money to purchase a brand
new E-500 kit from B&H. This way, you get a nice, shiny camera
and lenses with a full warranty.

AG

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com