[OM] Re: OM/EOS Adapter arrived

Subject: [OM] Re: OM/EOS Adapter arrived
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:13:02 -0500
I don't know specifically about the 350D but Canon specs the hotshoe on
the 10D, and 20D at only 6 volts even though the PC connection is good
for 250 volts.  On the other hand I know owners of those cameras who
have been using Vivitar 285HV and Sunpak 383's on them (12 volts) with
not problems.  I think the T flashes are about 12 volts also.

There might be a question of the ready light and quench pins making
contact with the various pins on the Canon shoe but the Oly pins are
ahead of the main contact while the Canon control pins are behind it.
They can't touch when the flash is fully in position.  Just leave the
flash powered off when inserting into the shoe.

Chuck Norcutt