[OM] Re: E-1 is rubbish I am going back to film

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 is rubbish I am going back to film
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:48:12 -0800

>> Here's the opportunity I was looking for to introduce myself. I am
>> new to SLR photography, both fil and digital. A photographer friend
>> advised me to go with the Four Thirds system, primarily because of
>> lens quality and the dust removal technology. While I was waiting for
>> my E-300 two-lens kit to arrive, I saw a guy at the local auction
>> site selling an OM2S with three lenses (28mm, 50mm, 100mm). I bought
>> it because I thought I would use the lenses with the digital camera
>> and the adapter. As it turns out, I love the sound of the OM shutter,
>> the feel of the camera, and the huge viewfinder.
>>
>> As to results, it's too soon to say. Great list, BTW. Count me as a
>> new zuikoholic.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Joao T. da Costa
>> Sao Paulo, Brazil
>
>Welcome Joao.  We used to have threads about the various sounds of the
>OM shutters, of which the OM-2S is certainly the sexiest, although the
>purist loves the OM-1.  You will undoubtedly will want to try them
>all. :)
>
>Joel W.

Last year in Monterey, Ca. I was shooting next to a lady with a digital
setup (no, not Olympus).
When I fired off a shot (OM4 with winder) she looked over at me and stated
"I kind of miss that sound."
I think she was discussing winders and shutters in general, but you never
know, maybe I could have converted her.
But then, I'd be bidding against her on the 'bay.

Welcome to the fraternity Joao.  Your next mission is to figure out the
meaning of Fang.

Jay (a relatively new member as well but an OM owner since 1977).

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets