[OM] Re: Barnyard poker? [was pig pics]

Subject: [OM] Re: Barnyard poker? [was pig pics]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:12:58 -0800
Johnny Johnson wrote:

>At 01:06 PM 12/7/2005, Winsor Crosby wrote:
>

>>Lots of open space in Tilden Park above the university.
>>

>Yeah, but the article that Moose referenced talks about them walking
>down streets, sitting on roof tops, etc.  That behavior seems totally
>different than the wild turkeys in the southeast.  I'd guess in has
>something to do with them being hunted or not.

Here they are mostly adored, at least for now. These are urban turkeys.
I doubt if they spend much time up in the park. No predators here. We
have deer here that I'm sure haven't been out in the wide open spaces.
They'd probably freak. As well they might. There are Cougars up there.
I've seen one!

I was out working on a mysterious coolant leak (got it later!) in my
son's car when a neighbor made some comment about whether I needed a
turkey for Christmas. I looked around, and there was the local flock
wandering up the street. By the time I ran in and grabbed a camera, they
were past and walking on
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/TurkeyBerkeley/pages/CRW_2126.htm>.
Bad light, bad posing, but I sort of like they way the pics, esp. the
second, put them in context.

How many turkeys does it take to beat a hippo?

Moose