[OM] Re: eBay # 7570598098 Tamron 80-200MM BIN $249

Subject: [OM] Re: eBay # 7570598098 Tamron 80-200MM BIN $249
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:58:10 -0500
After the excitement  diminished a tad from having this lens (different seller)
delivered from the yabe stork, noticed the glass may not be as clean as
advertised.  There is a modest circumferential haze (approx 1/8 inch ) along
the periphery visible in bright light looking at the front element through the
rear of the lens and a small linear defect in one interior element only visible
with the lens at 80mm  as well as the modest dust---the latter was noted by the
seller.  I see none of this through  the view finder or a few test shots.  All
other glass I have is totally clean.  I noted one list member sent their's to
KEH though Tamron appears to work on them now.  There is a some zoom creep.  I
wonder if I should "don't worry , be happy" or let compulsiveness win and send
it somewhere.  It clearly does need a tripod mount.  Thanks for mentioning the
Camtech Zuiko retrofit.

PS ---Ironically the 50/1.4 issue resolved itself---thanks all.  I did try the
lower sn bestie---not that much different than my 50/1.8, though still a great
lens.  The seller was away and had both lenses and appeared to have just
goofed.  The 1,150,xxx one  just arrived,is near mint, and great.  Phew.  Would
have been better off if the Tamron had been a bit better as advertised and the
50 mm remained an issue.
Mike