[OM] Re: rooster was Re: om underwater housing

Subject: [OM] Re: rooster was Re: om underwater housing
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 01:42:59 -0200
Hi Jez,
I know who was the author of this blues and lyrics.
My question was somehow related to Moose's answer to Mike, in a sense that
one "must ask the poets" when some meaning is elusive.
Now, I have a version of Dixon's blues by James 'Blood' Ulmer, which is very
difficult to understand for me, so asked for help to the list instead of
looking it up by myself. So I thought I was behaving lazy, and apologized
but when found the lyrics it made me laugh out loud that the little rooster
was lazy too. Far fetched, no doubt I was talking to myself.

But still, ONLY in the Ulmer version, the marked line was changed. I guess
he says something of his own thinking about bad nature of human beings.

Certainly, if noone here has listened to The Sun Sessions - Memphis Blood, I
won't understand this poet's answer about people and roosters.

Nevermind.

Here's the improvised line, marked **:

"You know the dogs begin to bark
And the, the hounds
They begin to howl
You know the dogs they begin to bark
And the, the hounds
They begin to howl
**You know my little red rooster's gone**
Know the little red rooster's on the prowl"

Regards,

Fernando.

on 8/12/2005 13:14, Jez Cunningham at jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Willie Dixon