[OM] Re: rooster was Re: om underwater housing

Subject: [OM] Re: rooster was Re: om underwater housing
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:02:34 +0000
* On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 02:10:27PM +0000, Chris Barker said:

> Paddy
>
> I am surprised to write that your photos seem to be a little washed-
> out old bean.  The last time I said that was about 5 years ago, about
> some of Tom Scales's shots and the culprit was in fact the gamma
> setting on my monitor.  But I am now fully conformist, with 2.2 set
> (and D65 for the temp) so why do you think that they all look like
> high-key fashion shots on my monitor? ;-)

I'll guess it was mostly because I wsa playing guess the exposure... I'm so
looking forward to the spot metering of the OM-2SP, should it ever come
back from repair in the not far distant future... (it's been due back
"before the weekend" for about a month now ... maybe it'll arrive before
christmas...)

> Not that there is anything intrinsically wrong with high-key of
> course ...

No, I admit that the downstairs ones are somewhat over the top, but I quite
like them.   But a bit more detail on the faces would be useful.

> ... and I enjoyed looking through your site, thanks.  I must, must,
> must get mine back up to scratch.

In fairness, the site is a friend's ... though the stuff in the various
/paddy/ directories are mine.  He's mostly seen wielding various C*nons,
but he develops my B&W films so I can't complain. ;)

(much 0~=) )

paddy