[OM] Re: Gas guzzlers (Was Further chillies and other stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Gas guzzlers (Was Further chillies and other stuff
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:56:46 -0500
Ah, yes!  All those parts made by Lucas, "the prince of darkness".

I used to think that they were also quality control consultants to the
hydraulics folks as well.  But I've been told that all those leaks were
our own fault for not religiously following the owner's manual's advice
to use only Girling hydraulic fluid.  Seems our American made hydraulic
fluids had a tendency to eat the (natural?) rubber seals in the
cylinders.  I don't know if that's the truth but I can attest that
something regularly ate the seals.

I just decided to search on "Lucas Electric" and discovered this gem of
a page: <http://pw1.netcom.com/~krk/lotus/humor/lucasjokes.html>
One of the best lines is: "Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify
its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the
only product they offered which did not suck."

Chuck Norcutt