[OM] Re: Gas guzzlers (Was Further chillies and other stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Gas guzzlers (Was Further chillies and other stuff
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:34:03 -0000
Chris Barker wrote:

> It might not be so bad using a fossil-fuel-sucker if
> they looked half- decent.

Some American cars do look okay. Not many, but some.

> But none of the beasts that your fellow-countrymen
> make look very good.

Only as I know you won't mind: it should be "looks", since "none" is at
most singular, and certainly not plural!

> And if they do look OK on the outside, they are plagued inside
> with cheap and nasty switchgear and buttons.

Now that is true.

They are also extremly unreliable -- not so much the engines, but
anything software/electronic-related. I think the US car industry has
learned a lot from Bill Gates.

Simon