[OM] Re: OT English as she is spoke

Subject: [OM] Re: OT English as she is spoke
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:06:03 +1100
Sounds suspiciously post-modern to me! It is a fact that misuse and
outright error are occasionally contagious, especially among the less
well educated (code for 'dim'). Horrors such as the usage 'could of
been', 'alot'  and the like are not examples of fresh and dynamic
language development - they are just plain wrong and I will continue
to put a red circle around them as is my inclination and my
professional responsibility.
So there.
AndrewF