[OM] Re: Gas guzzlers (Was Further chillies and other stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Gas guzzlers (Was Further chillies and other stuff
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:25:50 +0000
One of the first machines I met when I arrived on my first visit to
the US was an El Camino.  It was owned by a colonel (the Deputy for
Operations) at MacDill who was not short of a bob or two.  I could
not fathom why he would own a secondhand car that was so useless,
pretended to be a pickup and could not carry more than his wife and a
small child.

I guessed, correctly I now realise, that it was a cultural thing
which transcended praticality or aesthetics ...;-)

But those "Utes" look just as ghastly chaps!  Is Holden a US company
in disguise, making cosmetic changes to its body shapes to suit the
market, but keeping the same antiquated underpinnings to maintain low
costs?

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker