[OM] TC- Something Rotten in Denmark--please comment

Subject: [OM] TC- Something Rotten in Denmark--please comment
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:18:34 -0500
I thought one could assume a 2 stop loss of light with any 2X converter with
any lens and 1 stop with 1.4 X.   Using the 50 mm Macro, I could re-center the
exposure needle with 1 stop compensation (using compensation dial )for the
Tamron SP 2X and 2/3 stop with the 4 element Tokina.  (OM focused on evenly lit
wall focused at infin)  Light loss due to extension can vary with the fl,
though I thought the TC light loss is fixed.  I guess I am not ready to
graduate from lens 101 quite yet.  I would not care as much if the OM-2 did TTL
 flash fill.
Thanks.
Mike