[OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey - it's finished

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey - it's finished
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:55:31 -0500
Andrew,

I understand your frustration.  Although I have been looking forward to
eventual receipt of the OM-1, time is not something I have enough of.  I
suspect that's true of many list members.  Bottom line is a matter of
setting a priority.  Some do it better than others.

Perhaps you/we should have named the event something other than
Odyssey.  Seems it took Odysseus of Homer's The Odyssey 10 years to return
home after the fall of Troy.  Along the way he was diverted and delayed by
lotus eaters, a cyclops, a witch goddess, sirens, a sea monster and a nymph.

Seems our camera has been delayed by sloths-just kidding, group :)  I
personally would have used the nymph excuse were I to have been delayed in
sending the camera onward and submitting prints.

Seriously, I hope you reconsider.  Maybe some gentle chiding (flaming
light) on list from some of us would help speed up the journey and print
submissions.

Just my two cents worth.

Gary