[OM] Re: Weird travel kit.

Subject: [OM] Re: Weird travel kit.
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:41:45 -0400
On 12/14/05, NSURIT@xxxxxxx <NSURIT@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, it is off to Colorado for my daughter's graduation from UC Denver
> Graduate School (accounting).  So what does the kit look like?  OM 2S  with
> 21mm f2
> and 85mm f2 and a couple of rolls of HP 5.  e-1  with 14-54mm and 50mm f2
> macro. 1.4X and extension tube.  Lensbaby 2,  Finney pinhole OM body cap, Zero
> Image 6X9 and 4X5 pinhole cameras. SO I  say that is a strange kit and it will
> probably be all I need and then  some.  Wanted to take the Clack, but there
> just
> wasn't room.  There  are really only two subjects that I know I am going to
> be photographing.   They are a stream which runs through Golden to the Coors
> factory and my 15 month  old grand daughter. I'll have some fun.   Bill
> Barber

Would this 15 month old daughter be the one who's graduating? If
that's the case then I would say that is quite grand, exceptional even
that such a young child would possess the requisite language and
cognitive skills to complete a graduate degree. Not to mention the
pride that you must be feeling in having a daughter complete a degree
which is normally completed in more time than she's been alive. Surely
you've already contacted the people at Guinness for her inclusion in
the book of world records? She's certainly raised the standards for
infant academics. Personally though, I feel that many parents these
days place far too much pressure on their young children to get an
early start on academics at the expense of other normal childhood
development.

All said with my tongue firmly placed in my cheek of course. With all
the stickler discussion (sticklering?) going on lately I just couldn't
resist.