[OM] Re: cable release for E1?

Subject: [OM] Re: cable release for E1?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:49:30 +0000
If'n y'all shoots some of the same sort of stuff as I does -- macro and
wildlife -- where the camera is set up and waiting, and you're sitting down and
waiting, then it may well be worth it.

Considering some of the positions I sometimes put the camera in, I'm not about
to stand, crouch, squat, lean, sit, or lie with my hand on the camera and my
finger on the shutter release for 10 minutes, or more, waiting on some
anticipated event to occur.  And that little infrared clicker thing only works
from in front of the camera.  Try working in front of the rig when attempting
to get a shot of a chipmunk with a mouthful of sunflower seeds!  And besides,
the cable works like the shutter button, allowing you to freeze exposure and
focus, or wake the camera up from "sleep."  I could do without it, but then I
wouldn't be quite as cheerful as I always am.  :-)

And, by the way, Adorama has it for a dollar cheaper than B&H does, and they
actually say it fits the E-1, which B&H seems not to have figured out yet.  Of
course, even the official Olympus E-1 website won't tell you that.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --