[OM] Re: Advise sought for the dark side

Subject: [OM] Re: Advise sought for the dark side
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:48:53 -0600
I am
> in doubt now shall i buy the 7-14mm or "only" the 11-22mm.

William,

I'm still analog, but here's my thoughts.

I own the 18, 21, 24, and 28. The two least used lenses are the 18 and 24.
In fact, I use the 18 for interior work exclusively. The 21/2 and 28/2 are
quite something. The 21 is absolutely the very widest I would ever use for
landscapes. Landscapes made with a super wide can be incredibly banal.

I also have the 30 for my Xpan, and I find it useful, but not for
landscapes.

I would recommend the 11-22 based on this experience.

Bill Pearce