[OM] Re: OT English as she is spoke OT

Subject: [OM] Re: OT English as she is spoke OT
From: Jez Cunningham <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:40:46 +0100
*I before E ?*  (borrowed from
http://www.nyu.edu/classes/copyXediting/i_before_e.9_5.html )

It's a rule that is simple, concise and efficeint.
For all speceis of spelling it's more than sufficeint.
Against words wild and wierd, it's one law that shines bright
Blazing out like a beacon upon a great hieght,

It gives guidance impartial, sceintific and fair
In this language, this tongue to which we are all hier.
'Gainst the glaceirs of ignorance that icily frown,
This great precept gives warmth, like a thick iederdown.

Now, a few in soceity choose to deride,
To cast doubt on this anceint and venerable guide;
They unwittingly follow a foriegn agenda,
A plot hatched, I am sure, in some vile haceinda.

In our work and our liesure, our homes and our schools,
Let us follow our consceince, sieze proudly our rules!
Will I dilute my standards, make them vaguer and blither?
I say NO, I will not! I trust you will not iether.