[OM] Latest Capture One Release (3.7.3)

Subject: [OM] Latest Capture One Release (3.7.3)
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:31:57 -0500
Hi Folks,

Don't remember if anyone on the List is using Capture One (C1) to
process raw files but - they've now released version 3.7.3 and the
following statement is from the release notes.

"In certain situations when shooting with a Phase One H 25, P 20 or P
25 using ultra wide angle lenses we have experienced that small
artifacts can appear in the image. In Capture One 3.7.3 we have
introduced a new feature, Pattern Noise Suppression, which makes it
possible to remove these artifacts. We have developed a special
algorithm to deal with these rare artifacts typically seen as small
maze/labyrinth patterns in the image on the Phase One digital backs.
In some cases this feature has an improving effect on Olympus cameras
and also the Leica Digital Module R and the feature is available on
those cameras as well."

They don't say which model Olympus cameras are involved and it sounds
like an insignificant problem anyway but thought you might like to
know in case you haven't upgraded to the latest release.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA