[OM] Re: OT English as she is spoke OT

Subject: [OM] Re: OT English as she is spoke OT
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:47:49 -0600
Chris, and the rest of you english language scholars-
So is this the same kind of error as someone saying:
"That lens needs cleaned."
Instead of:
"That lens needs to be cleaned."
Or:
"That lens needs cleaning."

Whatever it is, that first form is fairly common, and always grates on my ears.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa