[OM] Re: OT .22s WAS snapshot-type shooting picture

Subject: [OM] Re: OT .22s WAS snapshot-type shooting picture
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:47:24 -0700
As long as the barrel is not obstructed the chance of blowing up a 22 are
quite slim. I like the 22-250 and use them for rock chucks and coyotes.
Ammunition is cheaper for the 223 though. The new thing now is the 204
Ruger. It shoots a little bitty bullet at about 4000 feet per second with
very little barrel erosion. I just bought one in a pistol barrel to try out.
I still have my target rifle I used for competition when 11 years old. But
then, I also have my first pair of skis from the 1940s. Too much old crap
around here. /jmac