[OM] Re: OT .22s WAS snapshot-type shooting picture

Subject: [OM] Re: OT .22s WAS snapshot-type shooting picture
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:17:45 -0400

> Barrel erosion has always been the big bugaboo with the .220 Swift.  With
a muzzle velocity of 4110 fps, barrel wear came quickly, and after a
thousand rounds or so, those 100-yard, one-inch groups started to spread a
bit.
> Walt

Wow, I didn't realize barrel erosion happened that quickly. 1000 rounds is
not that many to be seeing significant barrel erosion. So is it pretty hard
on brass as well for those who reload (not knowing whether or not you do)?
That's another thing I like about the 223 over the 22-250, brass lasts a
long time, and it is cheap (read free to me) anyway. And it's a bit easier
on my older ears, too.

Wayne