[OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey - it's NOT finished

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey - it's NOT finished
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:45:42 -0800
It's all about expectations isn't it?

I don't expect anything for free. Most likely I won't get the camera back,
it will vanish. I'm glad to see that Andrew had a chance to reply before I
did. I personally believe Andrew had great dreams and expectations. My
expectations are surely less. That is why he was able to get the Olympus
Odyssey going while at the same time I didn't even join it. After seeing
what he was able to accomplish and seeing what I could add or do different,
I have a strong belief that it will work. Exactly how it ends I can't
predict nor is that part of my expectations.

My goal is to get a bunch of pictures posted on the Olympus Odyssey website,
taken by people who love OM cameras, from all over the world.

I had asked Andrew if he would consider swapping his camera for one of mine.
In his mind, that was out of the question. The camera he committed to the
Odyssey was one that was dear to him.

This morning, I sorted through my accumulation of cameras and have a
tentative pile to send to John for him to select one from and prepare for
the long journey. This pile does not include the OM-1 which I've owned for
30 years ;-)  Boris, you are making many ridiculous assumptions ...

May the Odyssey continue!

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>

Jeff,
   It seems like a plan, but...I don't see the rationale behind sending 4
broken cameras to John H. to make one for you.  If other members have
stepped up, why not use cameras that work, it is kinda ridiculous, isn't it?