[OM] Re: Digital Olympus E Series 4/3 Four Thirds Lens Adapters

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Olympus E Series 4/3 Four Thirds Lens Adapters
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:19:15 -0500
Keith,

What do you want to know?  I've got an adapter and use it regularly with my
90/2 OM-System Macro on my E-1.  It takes spectacular pictures.

IMO, the best use for an adapter is for uses where there isn't a
cost-effective solution for the E-1.  If you have the cash to buy an
E-System lens in one of these ranges, it will likely produce better
results.   But I find that it's a very cost-effective solution to use older
lenses where AF isn't needed or handling speed isn't paramount (Manual
focus and stop-down metering are a bit of an issue).

Fast primes - 21/2, 24/2, 28/2, 50's
Macro - 50/2, 90/2, 135/4.5
Compact telephoto: - 85/2, 100/2, 135/2.8, 180/2.5 Tamron
Long telephone - "big whites"
Specialties - 8mm fisheye, short OM macros

I see little use for many of the zooms, as the E-system lenses are so good.

Skip