[OM] Re: Printing e-1 images on Epson 4000

Subject: [OM] Re: Printing e-1 images on Epson 4000
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:32:37 -0400
On 12/20/05, NSURIT@xxxxxxx <NSURIT@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What opinions might there be in Zuikoland about the Epson 4000  printer?  I
> am considering an upgrade from my Epson 1280.  An offer of  a 4000 at $775 has
> been made from a fellow who has had it for about 11  months.  Assuming it all
> checks out, might that be a good move for printing  my e-1 images.  The other
> choice, should I decide to buy, is the Epson  4800 which has the new K3
> Ultrachrome inks.  This option is good  bit more expensive.  Any opinions
> about
> either of these printers?   Bill Barber

If memory serves, the 4000 can hold both the photo black and matte
black cartridges at the same time but the 4800 requires that you
switch between them (which uses up a bit of ink each time as the other
black ink gets flushed out of the head). If you plan to switch between
those 2 black inks a lot then that might be a factor.

Not sure how the 2 ink sets compare so that would be the other thing
to look into. Balanced of course with how much of an improvement
either might be over the 1280.