[OM] Re: [OT] E-3 speculation

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] E-3 speculation
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:06:37 -0800
And improvements made to 35mm film can be applied to 8x10 ... It didn't
matter much to the majority of the market. Very good images can be made with
a 35mm SLR.

I'm quite happy uploading an E300 file to Costco and picking up 11x14 prints
on the way home (or having them mailed). I don't think fourthirds has maxed
out yet. The quality right now is very acceptable from a simple convenient
low cost digital. (The convenience is even better than when I could drop off
Kodachrome at a processing plant two miles from home.) Throw in the ability
to stitch together multiple images and the cost of the extra performance of
a large CCD vs. benefits ... I think you better buy a full frame CCD now if
you want one. I was thinking about buying one but couldn't justify it to
myself. Maybe if I go take more pictures of birds flying in low light I'll
be able to...

If better has little or no cost, better might sell (betamax vs. vhs). I
would love to see more sensor choices too. I think cost pressures are
reducing choices.

I really think that the E300/E500 is what the fourthirds system was aiming
for. A camera that targets the majority but can support some high end needs
(7-14 D. Zuiko).

-jeff