[OM] Heartbreak of the X3...

Subject: [OM] Heartbreak of the X3...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:51:53 -0600
Am I the only one that thinks that we will never know  the validity of the
Foveon sensor, due to their inability to involve a real camera manufaturer
in their product? I can imagine that they had a difficult time getting  one
of the "real" camera companies to even meet with them, but imagine if
someone like Nikon had offered a camera with this sensor in the beginning,
and sold enough and had deep enough pockets to be able to fund develpoment
as Canon has their sensors?

Of course, it could still be a total flop, but we'll never know.

And who buys Sigma cameras? Has Sigma ever made a dime in the camera body
business?

Bill Pearce