[OM] Re: Heartbreak of the X3...

Subject: [OM] Re: Heartbreak of the X3...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:56:58 -0600

> I'm tuning it late on this so please forgive what may be an obvious
> question -- what's wrong with the Sigma cameras?  They have adherents
> and seem to be well reviewed.  Lens selection is obviously limited but
> if they have what you want it should be fine.  Actually, I wonder who
> makes the camera for Sigma.
I would assume that they are made by Cosina, but we all know what happens
when you assume...

The problems are limited availablity, limited lens selection, lens
questionable reputation for durability, and the name. Why would anyone buy a
sigma slr when there are perfectly good, readily availible Canon and Nikon
cameras everywhere, with spotty availability for Minolta, Pentax and
Olympus.

There's just too many reasons to buy something else, so the pockets are
exceptionally shallow, ergo no development.

Bill Pearce