[OM] Re: Heartbreak of the X3...

Subject: [OM] Re: Heartbreak of the X3...
From: oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:09:00 -0500
Here is what someone said recently:

"
The KM was a dissapointment. The antishake function didn't work as
well as I thought it would, the menu was too confusing, the clicking
sound was ear deafening, the buttons hard and slow.

The Nikon D50, well, too big, plastic, where were the buttons, the
menu ok but where was room to grow with the camera?

The E-500: My only concern was the build quality but I am sure that
this camera will hold it's own for a long time yet.
It's just so simple to use, you have all these options, buttons are
quality and work well, it's very light and a joy to hold (behold....?).

It let friends try all three cameras, and all of them said the same
before I told them what I thought: Pick this, this is a camera I can
understand - the whole user setup very logical. The noice is not as
bad at 1600 as people want you to believe, and at 800 ISO not a
question for me at all, and as someone said somewhere, much better
than what we are used to with ISO800 film.

Picture quality on all three cameras were more than good enough, but
to me the E-500 is just the best camera in the field, and in the
price range the best D-SLR out there between 600 and 12000$.

"