[OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....

Subject: [OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:24:21 -0500
Thanks for hosting it. How about the compendium CDs?

Also, an addition to
http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/T-32_opening.html

When working with electronic flashes, it's wise to have a fat
resistor handy to drain off safely any extra current stored in the
capacitor at several hundred volts. Perhaps others would know
good values (resistance, wattage) to choose.

tOM

On 20 Dec 2005 at 17:40,
Mark Dapoz <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks like the Grinch is alive and well at Olympus America.  Today I was
> served with a cease and desist letter from their lawyer requesting that I
> remove all Olympus originating content from my web site.  Since I have no
> legal grounds for distributing their material, I have no choice but to comply
> with their request.  I will wait until the final date, Dec 31 2005, before
> removing the material.  I suggest that anyone who wants any of the content
> from my web site (http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware) do so before that
> date (don't all do it at the same time though :-).  I will of course keep any
> non-Olympus material available.  Oh well, it was good while it lasted......
>                                       -mark

---

          -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier, 758 Albert St,
 _-\_<,         Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633
                Abacurial Information Architecture
                            SETI stats

          "Faced with the choice between changing one's
           mind and proving that there is no need to do
           so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof."
                        -- J. K. Galbraith

-- Type: text/plain
-- Desc: Attachment information.

-- Type: Application/Octet-stream