[OM] Re: Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...

Subject: [OM] Re: Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:13:07 -0800
I was devastated when my Leica was stolen years ago and was not
really happy until I got my OM4T. But much as I grew to love it, I
was never quite as comfortable with it as I was with the M3, limited
though it was. You are right, the spot meter was genius. I think, at
least for me, it is really difficult to switch tools as complex as
cameras and may take years to reach that comfort level I remember.
Just have to persevere and hope digital innovation slows down.

I really like having control over the "look" by varying things like
contrast, color, white balance and the postprocessing which I never
had with film because I lacked the money, time and space. More
control for me in some areas and less in others.

And I felt like I was getting stale. Digital has stimulated me to
enjoy photography more. Nothing to feel sorry about. You have to live
in the moment.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA