[OM] Re: [OT] E-3 speculation

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] E-3 speculation
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:42:21 +1100
It will probably be developed as a unique, complete sub-assembly by a
third party manufacturer and just bolted in as a lump. It is unlikely
to be noticeable as a weight increase in something like an E-1. The
sensors will be simpler and easier to manufacture (probably a far,
far lower failure rate) and given the rapid increase in sensor
capability, why not. Certain types of noise would be muted (hot
pixels, 'fixed' noise caused by twitchy pixels) because there would
be an averaging effect.
I'm no engineer and can't imagine how it could work, especially the
alignment of the sensors - I'm just dumb enough and old enough to
find the ability of my inkjet printer to do what it does to be quite
astonishing. I mean, just think about it for a minute...
AndrewF