[OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....

Subject: [OM] Re: Hardware Resource Page Soon to Go....
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:17:57 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Barry Hinderks wrote:

> Now lets take another look here before we totally diss Olympus. Mark's site
> contains a ton of info on current or near current DIGITAL CAMERAS. I
> suspect that this is what OlyAmerica is complaining about and doubt very
> much that they could care less about the OM line.

I think that may be the crux of the problem.  I have yet to reply to their
cease and desist order, but I have a feeling they strongly objected to all
the digital diagrams that I put up.  The line "OAI has suffered grave and
irreparable injury" is a good indication of that the OM stuff wasn't the
issue.  I don't know why they're so upset since ti digital diagrams are
floating all over the Internet and eBay, it's not too hard to find them
(that's how I found them).  I'm going to ask real nicely and see if they'll
let me keep the OM stuff available.  If not, well, I can't stop people from
putting up mirrors of my site.  It's not illegal for me to link to them from
my web page :-)
                                                -mark